Foodservice Equipment Reports held its 2017 Smallwares & Tabletop Competition July 27 at the Boelter SuperStore’s Event Test Kitchen in Milwaukee. A group of four judges, made up of smallwares and tabletop specialists from three major E&S dealerships and a foodservice operator, gave top honors to seven smallwares entries from a field of 28 finalists, and 11 tabletop entries from a field of 52 finalists. A total of 111 items were entered with 80 making it to the final round for judging. The winning entries include:
2017 Smallwares Winners
- Bar Maid: FLY-BYE Floor Drain Trap Seal
- Carlisle FoodService Products: Griptite 2 Service Trays
- CateringStone: Cold Stone, Hot Stone & Server
- Comark: Bluetooth Pocketherm with Kitchen Checks App
- Edlund Co.: BRAVO! Digital Portion Scales
- TableCraft: First In, First Out Garnish Station
- The Vollrath Co.: Contemporary Serving Utensils
2017 Tabletop Winners
- BauscherHepp: Purity Pearls (Noble China Porcelain)
- cheforward: Transform Melamine Servingware
- Dinex/Carlisle FoodService Products: Square Bowls & Lids
- Elite Global Solutions: Della Terra Stoneware Melamine Dishes
- Folio/Steelite: Pirouette Flatware
- Libbey: Master’s Reserve Circa Beer Glassware
- On The Table: High-Endurance, Dishwasher-Safe Boards
- Service Ideas: Hydro Dipped Series Carafes
- TableCraft: Stackable Gravy Boats
- Varick/Steelite: Fulton Vintage Copper Flatware
- The Vollrath Co.: Cubic Modular Display Cases
The judges used a specific set of criteria to make their selections. To qualify, Smallwares Product Entries include any handheld, non-electric (although battery-operated items are permitted), kitchen tool that is designed and marketed specifically to the commercial foodservice industry. Products designed or marketed for retail or consumer use are not eligible. Eligible Tabletop Product Entries include products designed for front-of-house use at commercial foodservice operations.
Qualifying products are judged on their uniqueness or innovation in their category, service to the industry or problem-solving functions, food and labor safety enhancement, durability and aesthetics (where applicable).
For more information, please call 302-351-3360 in Delaware, 888-5-HOTSTONE nationwide.